Traditional Gurukulam concept of Learning, Exploring and Discovering.KNOW MORE
Sigma Lens Abbreviations
9th Apr 2015
Sigma lenses have been getting more famous as of late because of some genuinely professional-grade optics, like the 35mm f/1.4 HSM Art. This article deals with the most important Sigma lens abbreviations you might come across.
1. Classification of Sigma Lens
Photographic artists pick lens not just to radically change the configuration dialect and, additionally put every individual lens into a particular class. There are three classifications for sigma lens. They are:
C (Contemporary)- For general use it has variable aperture zoom lenses, such as standard and telephoto zoom lenses (the Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OS HSM Macro C, for example).
A (Art) – Sigma prime lenses are under this category. Some wide-angle, macro, fishey and fast-aperture zoom lenses are also belong to this category (the 18-35mm f/1.8 HSM A is a good example).
S (Sport) – This product offering is for telephoto lenses (both zoom and altered central length) intended for games and wildlife photography. These lenses are having relatively fast maximum aperture settings but are little bit pricey.
EX – Sigma has dropped it for its new lenses, so there's any late items that would fit in with the EX lineup.
2. Abbreviations of Sigma Lens Format
DG - lenses compatible with full-frame sensor DSLR cameras.
DC - lenses designed for for APS-C DLSR cameras.
DN - lenses designed for compact system cameras
3. Abbreviations of Sigma Lens Technology
HSM - the Hyper Sonic Motor is a ring-sort ultrasonic engine and is comparable to Canon USM and Nikon SWM innovation. It is intended to give snappy and quiet focusing.
OS – Optical image stabilization technology is used in Sigma lenses also, Similar to Canon IS, Nikon VR and Tamron VC.
ASP (Aspherical) –These are the lenses havingaspherical glass elements in their optical design.
APO (Apochromatic) - Apochromatic lenses feature exotic fluorite elements and have no chromatic aberrations. Sigmahaving APO lenses are telephoto and telezoom type lenses which use special optical designs and optical materials (SLD or ELD glass). As a result the images will get greater contrast, sharpness and color definition than a comparable non-APO type lens and the performance will also improve.
RF – Lenses having rear focusing configuration, during focusing operation just a couple of components situated behind the diaphram blades are moved (as opposed to all the components). The result is conceivably speedier AF operation and non-pivoting front components.
IF – internal focusing is similar to RF. In this several optical elements in front of the diaphragm are moved during focusing . The size of the lens remains constant, but the focal length may vary.
SLD – Special Low Dispersion glass elements are designed to minimize chromatic aberrations.
ELD – Extraordinary Low Dispersion glass elements should perform even better than SLD.
FLD – F Low Dispersion element should basically perform as well as fluorite elements (that is what the “F” stands for), but is far less expensive.
TSC – Thermally Stable Composite is an extraordinary material that mixes characteristics of polycarbonate and metal and is utilized within the development of a few lenses. The warm shrinkage of Sigma is low and TSC matches well with metal parts, further helping the high-exactness development of the lens.
4. Specialized Sigma Lens Abbreviations
MACRO – Sigma macro lenses can provide good magnification with a relatively short minimum focus distance. For example,150mm f/2.8 OS HSM.
Fisheye (Diagonal, Circular) – Fisheye lenses provide very wide angles of view (180 degrees is not extraordinary) with distinctive and very strong distortion
Top English Articles
- SalarJung Museum Invites Application for Photographer
- Wildlife Photography Exhibition in Kottayam, Kerala
- The Chinese fishing nets of Fort Cochin
- National Investigation Agency Invites Application for Photographer Recruitment 2015
- National Gallery of Modern Art invites applications for recruitment of Photographer in Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi
- Product Photographers for E-commerce
- Weddingz.in Mumbai invites application for the posts by Photographer
- Photographer and Videographer jobs in Indian Institute of Management
- Red Chief Retail, Kanpur invites application for the posts by Asst. Photographer.
- Senior Photographer Job in Salar Jung Museum
Top Malayalam Articles
- ഫാഷൻ ഫോട്ടോഗ്രഫിയിലെ 10 നിർദേശങ്ങൾ
- ചിത്രീകരിക്കാൻ ശ്രമിച്ചിട്ടിലാത്ത അഥവാ ആഗ്രഹിക്കാത്തതായ സ്ഥലങ്ങൾ മനോഹരമായി ഷൂട്ട് ചെയ്യാൻ 5 എളുപ്പ വഴികൾ
- സമകാലികമായ വിവാഹ ചിത്രീകരണ നിർദേശങ്ങൾ
- വിവാഹ ചിത്രീകരണത്തിൽ ഉപയോഗപ്പെടുത്താവുന്ന പൊതുവായ ചില എളുപ്പ വിദ്യകൾ
- വെഡ്ഡിങ് ഫോട്ടോഗ്രഫിയിൽ തുടക്കക്കാർക്ക് സംഭവിക്കാവുന്ന 10 തെറ്റുകൾ
- സംസ്ഥാന ഫോട്ടോഗ്രാഫി പ്രദര്ശനവും പുരസ്ക്കാരങ്ങളും - 2015
- ഫോട്ടോഗ്രാഫര് - പോലിസില് ജോലി ഓഴിവ്
- ഫോട്ടോഗ്രാഫി മത്സരം
- വൈല്ഡ് ലൈഫ് ഫോട്ടോഗ്രാഫി ക്യാമ്പ്
- വന്യജീവി ഫോറ്റൊഗ്രഫിയിലുടെ എങ്ങനെ നിങ്ങൾക്കു ഉയരങ്ങൾ കീഴടക്കാം