One Course Many Specializations
The professional diploma in Photography course prepares the students for their professional career. It is coupled with photography classes, hands-on indoor & outdoor practices. Furthermore, with photography study tours, field visits, outdoor assignments, live projects, photo walks, photo talks, studio practices, guest lectures, and demos, etc… In addition, the one-year diploma in photography provides specializations in photography, videography, photo editing, designing, video editing, and Digital Marketing. Even more, you get full-time faculty guidance, the facilities like hostel and food on the campus.
Fundamentals of Photography
Photojournalism and Aesthetics
Lighting Languages and Aesthetics
Videography and Video editing
Fashion and Wedding Photography
Nature and Wildlife Photography
Product and Food Photography
Digital Image Editing
English and Work Place Skills
Professional Portfolio Development
Admission Open for 2022 – 2023 batch. The class starts on 21st September 2022.
We are pleased to announce that our course program for 2021 batch is in progress at Creative Hut with an Add-on course syllabus. As a matter of fact, you don’t need to invest separately for each category. Just check in below and know what all will be offered in this one-year course program. The professional photography course at Creative Hut is a one-year residential program that focuses on Five different streams. Namely, Photography, Cinematography, Photo Editing, Video Editing, and Graphic Designing.
Furthermore, this professional photography course contains theory, fieldwork, practical, coffee table books or portfolio, communication skills, exercise & yoga sessions, individual assessment, group works, leadership qualities, internship, and job assistance, and much more. As a result, each student will acquire the encouragement to work hard and excel in this competitive world. Hence, the program aims to increase students’ confidence to lead a professional career.
Our professional diploma in photography course is designed to provide the best photography course curriculum one can ever have. It covers DSLR & Mirrorless Photography, DSLR & Mirrorless Cinematography course, Photo Designing, Photo Editing, Video Editing, Graphic Designing, and Digital Marketing. Additionally, we cover 21 specialization categories of photography. The course syllabus is structured in such a way that it develops your skills in various photography genres. Especially you get hands-on practice, technical knowledge, and study tours. Creative classes and outdoor photo study tours will enable each learner to explore and express one’s creativity. Hence, the course also gives the opportunity to prepare the most innovative and unique Portfolio including various categories of photography.
The Curriculum covers,
- Wildlife Photography – Animals, Birds, Insects
- Travel Photography – Nature, Landscape & Art and Culture
- Photojournalism – Street, Documentary, Portrait, Black and White, Village Experience
- Architecture & Interior Photography
- Automotive Photography (Automobile Photography)
- Fashion Photography – Kids, Life Style, Human Interest
- Wedding Photography – Event, Function, Candid
- Product Photography – Table-top Photography, Jewelry,
- Food Photography
- Advertising & Commercial Photography
- Abstract Photography
- Photo Editing & Album Designing
- Video Editing & Post-production
- DSLR & Mirrorless Videography / Cinematography
- Graphic Designing & Portfolio Designing
- Digital Marketing & Advertising
The course syllabus for PDAP, KGTE & MESC are separate and as imposed by the respective departments. PDAP – Professional Diploma in Art of Photography certificate is provided by the College and is not affiliated to any university or any state or central board. KGTE in Photography certificate is issued under the Kerala Govt. Technical Education. MESC certificate is issued under the Media and Entertainment Skill Council.
Subject Code: PDAP 101
This is an introductory and the most important session of the course. The aim of this module is to make your foundation in photography stronger than ever before. It covers the understanding of photography and camera, history of the camera, the structures of DSLR as well as Mirrorless camera and lens, camera settings, different types of lenses, DSLR camera, etc… What Do You Learn?
- Learning the basics of DSLR & Mirrorless photography is what makes one’s foundation in photography & cinematography stronger.
- Furthermore, it covers, basic aspects of exposure, various photography techniques, color balance and color concepts in photography.
- Practically involving students with different photographic tricks. Indeed, here, one’s creativity & technical understanding are developed.
- Part 1: Ball Spiral & Exposure Tricks Photography
- Part 2: Ink Splash & Liquid Arts Photography
- Part 3: Light Painting & Silhouette Photography
- Part 4: Modern Levitation & Manipulation
- Part 5: Creative Tricks in Photography
Subject Code: PDAP102
Photojournalism is a field where storytelling images play a vital role. Here, students learn to convey the messages through their images & make reports of the facts through their writings. They develop the ability to interpret & create meaningful information in the form of texts and visuals apt for different forms of media. What Do You Learn?
- Understanding of different forms of communication, journalism, reporting & writing are the key factors in it.
- Learn how to read images, visual perception, composition & framing effectively the story-telling images.
- Get to know the ethics in Photojournalism, copyright laws and the Major forms of Photojournalism.
Even more, this session of Professional photography courses in India, teaches techniques and applications of Zone System as a valid and practical method of mastering black and white photography, and the fundamentals of photojournalism, documentary photography & Travel Photography.
- Part 1: Village Experience, Art & Culture Photography
- Part 2: Travel, Street & Portrait Photography
- Part 3: Architecture, Exterior & Interior Photography
- Part 4: Abstract and Black & White Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 103
Here, you have the study on the characteristics and qualities of photographic light in both natural and artificial lights. The emphasis here is to have understanding of lighting techniques, the most powerful tool in Photography & Videography, and hence getting introduced to the use of studio equipment, flashes and modifiers. What Do You Learn?
- Learn how to modify strobes, explore the use of speedlights in photography, and have control over light to create the balanced images with depth & form.
- Photography is taken to the next level by studying the qualities of light, & modifying the light in terms of highlights & shadows, form, texture & colour etc…
- Hands-on practice in creating different lighting patterns in photography like Short Lighting, Broad Lighting, Split Lighting, Butterfly lighting, Loop lighting, Rembrandt lighting, etc…
- Part 1: Natural light Photography
- Part 2: Artificial light Photography
- Part 3: Flash Photography
- Part 4: Strobe/Studio light Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 104
Students here are led to one of the upcoming trends of moving images in the professional field. The highlights are in the hands-on practical sessions carried out individually & in the teams. Thus, Videography / Cinematography session enables the student to analyze and utilize all their skills and knowledge. Indeed, they gain confidence throughout the making of various videos. What Do You Learn?
- Introduced to videography techniques, settings, camera angles, camera movements, setting-up shooting locations, shots, scenes, and sequences and understand the lighting as per it.
- Learn to prepare stronger scripts & storyboards for short films, documentaries, advertisements etc…
- Exploring the DSLR & Mirrorless Videography & Cinematography, script writing, audio & video editing.
- Part 1: Documentary or Short Film
- Part 2: Wedding or Event Projects
- Part 3: Product or Commercial Ads
- Part 4: Automobile or Interior/Exterior
Subject Code: PDAP 104
The output of videography comes with proper video editing. Understanding the principles of video editing, the steps of editing, application of transitions & the emotions applied through video editing are some of the key highlights of this session. The students here get hands-on practice on video editing techniques. What Do You Learn?
- Students are introduced to audio or sound recording and sound editing software for various kinds of videos.
- They learn the principles of video editing with step by step process of logging, assemble, rough cut, fine cut, and final cut.
- With various video editing and sound editing software, they understand the continuous video editing process in post-production.
- Software 1: Adobe Premiere Pro
- Software 2: Adobe Audition
- Software 3: Adobe Prelude
Subject Code: PDAP 105
Advertisement and commercial photography sessions includes the understanding of trends in fashion, & its requirements. This Fashion and wedding photography course session, is all about capturing the moods & expressions. Learning the aspects of capturing the real moments in wedding photography. The practical fashion shoots, conceptual shoots, outdoor & studio photography with apt lighting settings. What Do You Learn?
- Knowing the aspects of lighting setups for indoor as well as outdoor fashion photography conceptual shoots.
- Styling & posing the two important elements of fashion & wedding photography are applied to capture best expressions.
- Learn the art of capturing emotions & expressions, the candids, moments & story-telling frames in various events.
- Part 1: Fashion Photography
- Part 2: UV & Face Painting Photography
- Part 3: Human Interest Photography
- Part 4: Modern Era & Kids Photography
- Part 5: Wedding Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 106
This module is to give a deep understanding on the art of capturing nature photography and its wonderful creatures through wildlife photography. From animal behavior to ecology & conservation, here students are given practical knowledge to explore insects photography, birds & animals photography. What Do You Learn?
- Practical application of different perspectives of composing & capturing the varied elements of nature & landscape photography.
- Learning how to use different accessories to capture the tiny insects & capture it with appropriate composition.
- Understanding & capturing the actions & emotions of birds and animals.
- Part 1: Wildlife Animals Photography
- Part 2: Wildlife Birds Photography
- Part 3: Macro & Insects Photography
- Part 4: Nature & Landscape Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 107
The special part of the course, where different types of products are learned to be photographed in different lighting setups. In-depth understanding of the composition, & lighting techniques, the technical aspects of photography, and an overview of studio equipment. Innovative practical shooting in a studio environment, natural as well as artificial lighting setups. Students get prepared with technical proficiency & a creative approach. What Do You Learn?
- The study on the techniques where products with different surfaces such as reflective material, absorptive and transparent materials are photographed are carried out.
- The cosmetics, textiles, crockery, jewelry, electronic materials, accessories for men, women, and kids, etc… are learned to be photographed both in indoor and outdoor lighting.
- This session also covers the photography of attractive and variety of food items and dishes both in cooked and uncooked presentations.
- Part 1: Product Photography
- Part 2: Food & Beverage Photography
- Part 3: Still Life & Jewelry Photography
- Part 4: Table-top Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 108
Post processing is applied on the images for presenting the Photographs well, as per the message it has to convey. Image editing here includes re-touch, edit & design images, in terms of exposure & colour correction, alignment & composition, changing background for different types of photographs. Each class session has incorporated with different modes of learning and practicing the techniques of software tools and reflecting it upon the best results. What Do You Learn?
- Learning the step by step retouching process of the photographs as per the needs & requirements of the image.
- Deep understanding on the detailed editing process with fine cut, & manipulation tricks applied on the images.
- Enhancing the images with appropriate digital colour corrections, with the software according to the demand of the images.
- Part 1: Adobe Photoshop
- Part 2: Adobe Lightroom
- Part 3: Nik Collections
- Part 4: Photomatrix Pro
Subject Code: PDAP 108
Understanding the use & importance of Graphic designing in the field of Photography & Cinematography. Learning various magazine & brochure designs with various designing software. Designing your own logo, as well as designing your own portfolio are the key highlights of this session. What Do You Learn?
- Practically design various concept-based logos & posters using designing software.
- Knowing the basic elements of designing magazines, books, & brochures.
- Students design their Final Portfolio implement the editing & designing software techniques and prepare own individual digital & printed portfolio.
- Part 1: Adobe Illustrator
- Part 2: Adobe Indesign
- Part 3: Adobe Photoshop
Subject Code: PDAP 109
Wondering what is the role of English in a professional photography course. Students are intended to develop both communicative and soft skills & develop him/her to be more productive at the workplace. Here learning is knowledge construction where students interact with the study materials, with the teachers & with the student’s groups to generate knowledge. What Do You Learn?
- Enhancing presentation skills by improving the proficiency in English & increasing personal potential.
- Cultivating a positive attitude, developing self-confidence, assertive qualities & developing skills in self-management.
- Encourage students for teamwork, help them to set life goals & develop entrepreneurial skills among them.
- Part 1: Basic Communication
- Part 2: Presentation Skills
- Part 3: Skill Development & Self confidence
- Part 4: Entrepreneurship Development
Finally, here learning is knowledge construction and learners interact with the study materials, with the teachers and the peer groups, and with their surroundings to generate knowledge.
Subject Code: PDAP 110
Students should undergo an industrial internship for a period of at least four weeks in one stretch in any genre of photography, videography or editing. Achieving proper guidance to get into a fit with the best possible internship & suitable professional career opportunity, are the highlights of this session. Students are encouraged by understanding their individual strong efficiency & skills in work. It is the period of work experience that is relevant to professional development.
What Do You Learn?
- Designing self, innovative & creative Resume & getting prepared for future career opportunities.
- Achieving the career guidance from experienced mentors & the expertise of individuals of the industry.
- Enables students to undergo a minimum of one-month internship & thus making oneself ready for the future career.
- Work Area: Private Sector
- Work Area: Public Sector
- Work Area: Commercial Sector
- Work Area: Media Organisations
Possible Internships / Placements or Job Roles as
- Professional photographer in the e-commercial company
- Director of Photography in the Film Production Company
- Photographer for Newspaper
- Videographer for Television / Channel
- Wedding, Function and Event Photographer
- Wedding, Function and Event Cinematographer
- Freelance Photographer & Freelance Videographer
- Photo & Video Editor, Album Designer
- Entrepreneur or business or studio
- Photo mentor or Faculty
Experimentation & Exploration
Every student has to put forth their ability in the form of a portfolio with a collection of their photos in every genre of photography and videography. Creative hut photography college provides an exclusive digital platform for all its student’s portfolios. View www.creativehuts.com Faculty will be available at the Academy to provide feedback and corrections throughout the session for the making of the portfolio. Faculty will assign and guide students for the project with necessary guidelines on shooting and editing etc…
Every student has to present their individual portfolio covering the various genre of photography in the form of eight different chapters, comprising of five images per chapter, i.e. 40 photographs in all. The final project made by them must be postulate in a printed format as well as digital format to the institute as their final portfolios.
Every student has to also submit their videography portfolio as per the institute’s prescribed format. The portfolio may contain any one among the documentary, short film, advertisement film, interviews, etc… of one to three minutes time duration. The final portfolio will be analyzed by the panel of examiners/ juries, according to which the marks will be released. Have a look at our students’ portfolios
A career in Photography has wide scope and opportunities. Above all, the regular assignments, live projects, and innovative portfolios will widely open the opportunities for your future professional career as; Photojournalist, Interior & Architecture Photographer, Function and Event Photographer, Wedding Photographer, Fashion Photographer, Food Photographer, Product Photographer, Macro and insects Photographer, Wildlife Photographer, Documentary Photographer, Sports Photographer, Fine art Photographer, New Born Baby Photographer, Videographer, Video Editor & Photo Editor, Album Designer and Magazine Designer However, it is an important responsibility of each student to find a suitable job. The Institute does not take any responsibility for Placement. We do not offer any jobs. We provide career guidance only. For further placement-related details, go to the link provided here. Read More
Total Course Program Duration: 10 months instructional classes + 1 month internship
Candidates will be pursuing this course with the study Instructional classes including the theory classes, practical classes, fieldwork, and Portfolio of altogether 10 months duration ie. 216 to 240 days.
Note : This total duration includes the sessions to cover the syllabus of PDAP, KGTE & MESC.
Every candidate needs to undergo an internship of a minimum one-month duration, anywhere outside the campus in the field of Photography, or Videography, or Editing.
Professional Photography Course Program fees include Tuition Fees, Exam Fees, Practical Tours, Practical Model Shoots, Uniforms, etc…
- Registration Fees: Rs.6555
- Course Fees: Rs.260123 + 18% GST
- Hostel & Food : Rs.70000
- Refundable Caution Deposit: Rs.10000
- Easy Payment Schedule:
|For Admission||: Rs.6555/-|
|1st Payment Section||: Rs.123131.50/- + 18% GST|
|2nd Payment Section||: Rs.80000/- (For Hostel & Food + Caution Deposit)|
|3rd Payment Section||: Rs.86491.50 + 18% GST|
|4th Payment Section||: Rs.50500 + 18% GST|
Note: All the taxes and charges imposed by the Government from time to time are applicable to the fees and are to be compulsorily paid by each student. National & International Photography tour costs will be extra. This course offered by Creative Hut is a residential course only.
Every artist needs a toolkit. Meet yours for the Professional photography course. PDAP program is involved with art and technical study, every candidate need to have any one DSLR / Mirrorless Camera and laptop for undergoing regular practical study. We suggest some cameras and lenses for your purchases although all of these are not compulsory. The list of equipment that you will need to have during the Course study, will be provided to you on admission or along with the confirmation letter.
|Macro / Insects Photography||DSLR + Macro Lens / Extension Tube|
|Architecture / Interior / Landscape Photography||DSLR + Zoom Lens + Wide Angle / Fish Eye Lens|
|Fashion / Wedding Photography||DSLR + Zoom Lens + Wide Angle / Fish Eye Lens|
|Street / Documentary / Portrait Photography||DSLR + Zoom Lens + Prime Lens|
|Wildlife Photography||DSLR + Zoom Lens + Tele Lens + Tele Convertor|
Equipment for Residential Good & simple living is the key factors in residential life The staying is provided on the campus surrounded by nature. Every student will be allotted one cot. Please note the list of other necessary equipment that you need to bring along with you will be provided to the students along with the confirmation letter.
Applying for photography admission is easier than you think. Just complete four simple steps and launch your future in the art of photography.
Step 1: Know your Course and Gurukul
The first step in joining our family is to meet or have a telephonic conversation or Whatsapp chat with our Admission Counsellor/faculty, who will introduce you to our Gurukulam culture, eco-friendly campus and study structure. Listen closely to what you want from Institute, and will help you determine if this particular course and CREATIVE HUT is the right fit for you. Kindly, note that this Photography course is not affiliated to any university, or Govt. boards.
Step 2: Apply your Name
Candidates need to submit the filled application form with their below details to be uploaded with the Application form. (Application form is available in Apply Now link)
- Copy of candidate’s 10th Certificate & Marksheet
- Copy of candidate’s anyone valid id-address proof (Aadhar card/Voters Id/Driving license etc..)
- One recent passport size photo of the Applicant
Step 3: Payment of Registration Fees
Once your documents are received and verified by the institute, you will then need to pay the non-refundable registration fees rs.6555/- either directly to the institute office or through NEFT/ net banking/ google pay, etc… Institute Bank details will be provided to the candidate on request.
Step 4: Seat Confirmation
Finally, when you are with the above three steps, your seat is registered for the upcoming batch. You now become the part of Creative Hut and will receive a Confirmation Letter. Now, be ready with your tools and gearbox to shift to your new home.
Candidate with minimum qualification of 10th from any state or central Board is eligible for the course. Candidates with 12th / +2 / any diploma / any graduation / any post-graduation are also eligible for the course. For the registration or admission, kindly click on Apply Now below. You can either visit the institute and complete the admission procedure. Or you may follow the admission procedure online on the Apply Now page.
Creative Hut is a Gurukul and hence institute takes care of all students staying together on one campus. One of the greatest advantages of learning in the Gurukulam educational system is the residential facility on the campus. We provide food and accommodation to all its students and faculties on the campus premises. The common cafeteria where food that tastes as one’s homemade food is provided. And shared rooms, sanitation, etc… are available for students and faculties separately on the campus. The first thing to remember is that this course offered by Creative Hut is a residential course only.
PHOTOGRAPHY STUDENT’S REVIEWS
Roshni S Prasad Photographer Alappuzha, Kerala
“I am blessed to have found this institute. Every facilities like, smart class with internet access, big studio floor, sports and good opportunities are provided. I am proud to be a Creative Hut student”.
(Indo Asian NEWS Pvt. Ltd), Kerala
“I am very happy to be a part of Creative hut. It’s not just an institute but our second home. Don’t know when & how, but all members of creative hut became my family.”
Rahul Rao Photographer Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
“I learned that being a photographer is not just about clicking photos but its also about being a good human being. I will recommend creative hut to all aspiring photographers”.