Diploma in Photography & Cinematography Course
Professional diploma in art of photography course is aimed to prepare the students for their professional career. Indeed, the course syllabus gets updated every year, on the basis of the growing trends and requirements in the industry. For that reason, Creative Hut is known to be the first college in India to introduce Cinematography or videography in Diploma photography course structure. It is first of its kind to benefit each student with four different portfolios in a year. Furthermore, with photography classes, indoor and outdoor practices, study tours, short film, documentary making, photo walks, photo talks, studio practices, guest lectures, facilities like hostel and food in the campus etc… you would find it as one of the best photography courses in India. The best part of this professional photography and KGTE in Photography course in Kerala is the full-time faculty guidance for photography specializations, cinematography and editing.
Art and Science of Photography
Visual Language of Photojournalism
Branding and Digital Marketing
Lighting Languages and Aesthetics
Art and Principles of Cinematography
Digital Image Editing Process
Video Editing and Post Production
Travel and Wildlife Photography
Fashion & Wedding Photography
Product and Food Photography
Practical Photography Tours
English and Work Place Skills
The Industrial Internship
Admissions are Open for Diploma in Photography 2022 – 2023 batch. The classes will start on 21st September 2022. Batch Strength : 30 Seats
Professional Photography Course
We are pleased to announce that our course program at Creative Hut is updated with an add-on course syllabus. Comparatively, its different from others. Because, the professional diploma in photography course at Creative Hut is a one-year residential program. Another key point is that, it focuses on five different streams. Namely, Photography, Cinematography, Photo Editing, Video Editing, and Visual Designing.
What’s more? As a matter of fact, you don’t need to invest separately for each category. Thereupon, you may please check-in below and know the course program in detail.
Furthermore, this professional photography course contains theory, fieldwork, practical, coffee table books or portfolio, communication skills, exercise & yoga sessions, individual assessment, group works, leadership qualities, internship, and job assistance, and much more. As a result, each student will acquire the encouragement to work hard and excel in this competitive world.
In order to reduce the stress and anxieties of the students of today’s generation, it is a must factor to provide them with apt atmosphere to live and learn. Moreover, its a place to live and space to grow. Thus, this diploma in photography program aims to increase students’ confidence to lead a professional career and better life ahead.
Our professional diploma in photography course is designed to provide the best photography and cinematography course curriculum that one can ever have.
The course syllabus is structured in such a way that it develops your skills in various photography genres. Especially, you get hands-on practice, technical knowledge, and study tours. Creative classes and outdoor photo study tours enables each learner to explore and express one’s creativity. Hence, the course also gives the opportunity to prepare the most innovative and unique Portfolio including various categories of photography.
Professional Photography Courses in India
The Curriculum covers,
- 1. Wildlife Photography
- 2. Travel Photography (Nature, Landscape)
- 3. Photojournalism (Street, Art & Culture, Village Experience)
- 4. Architecture & Interior Photography
- 5. Automotive / Automobile Photography
- 6. Fashion Photography (Kids, Lifestyle, Human Interest)
- 7. Wedding Photography (Event, Function, Candid)
- 8. Product Photography (Table-top, Jewelry)
- 9. Food and Beverage Photography
- 10. Advertising & Commercial Photography
- 11. Abstract Photography
- 12. Portrait Photography
- 13. Black & White Photography
- 14. Birds Photography
- 15. Macro Photography
- 16. Documentary Photography
- 17. Photo Editing & Album Designing
- 18. Video Editing & Post-production
- 19. DSLR & Mirrorless Videography / Cinematography
- 20. Short Film & Documentary Film
- 21. Graphic Designing & Portfolio Designing
- 22. Digital Marketing & Branding
The course syllabus for PDAP, KGTE & MESC are separate and as imposed by the respective departments.
- 1. PDAP is Professional Diploma in Art of Photography, for which the certificate provided by the College and is not affiliated to any university or any state or central board.
- 2. KGTE in Photography certificate is issued under the Kerala Govt. Technical Education.
- 3. MESC certificate is issued under the Media and Entertainment Skill Council.
Fundamentals of Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 101
Most importantly, this session of the course is for developing one’s creativity and technical understanding of photography. Henceforth, the aim is to make one’s foundation in photography stronger than ever before. On the whole, it covers the understanding of photography and camera, history of the camera, the structures of DSLR as well as Mirrorless camera and lens, camera settings, different types of lenses, DSLR camera, etc…
What Do You Learn in photography?
- 1. First step towards exploring photography is by knowing technical aspects of your camera, lens and accessories. In other words, learning the basics of DSLR & Mirrorless photography is what makes one’s foundation in photography & cinematography stronger.
- 2. Furthermore, it covers, basic aspects of exposure, focusing, various photography and camera techniques.
- 3. Eventually, they learn to make the images look more pleasing and meaningful with the knowledge of color concepts and colour management.
Finally, here students get involved with different photographic tricks. Indeed, here, one’s creativity & technical understanding are developed.
- 1. Ball Spiral & Exposure Tricks Photography
- 2. Ink Splash & Liquid Arts Photography
- 3. Light Painting & Silhouette Photography
- 4. Modern Levitation & Manipulation
- 5. Creative Tricks in Photography
Photojournalism and Videojournalism
Subject Code: PDAP 102
Photojournalism is a field where storytelling images play a vital role. Here, students not only learn to convey the messages through their images but also make reports of the facts through their writings. In other words, they develop the ability to interpret & create meaningful information in the form of texts and visuals. Especially, that are apt for different forms of media.
What Do You Learn in Photojournalism?
- 1. In the first place, here understanding of different forms of communication, journalism, reporting & writing are the key factors in it.
- 2. Followed by, they learn how to read images, visual perception, composition & framing effectively the story-telling images.
- 3. Finally, they get to know the ethics in Photojournalism, copyright laws and the Major forms of Photojournalism.
Even more, this session of Professional photography courses in India, teaches techniques and applications of Zone System. It is one of the major topic as per the KGTE in Photography syllabus. Overall, it is known as a valid and practical method of mastering black and white photography too. With this session, students not only get deep understanding of the fundamentals of photojournalism, but also the documentary photography & Travel Photography.
- 1. Village Experience, Art & Culture Photography
- 2. Travel, Street & Portrait Photography
- 3. Architecture, Exterior & Interior Photography
- 4. Abstract and Black & White Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 103
Learning becomes more interesting when you acquire the knowledge of how to promote your works. Particularly, utilizing digital technologies with varied digital media platforms. Ultimately, it’s all about knowing how to make your audience know about your works, projects, services, and most importantly about your brand.
What Do You Learn in Digital Marketing?
- 1. Firstly, understanding the use & importance of Graphic designing in the field of Photography & Cinematography.
- 2. Secondly, designing your logo, as well as designing your portfolio are the key highlights of this session. Practically design various concept-based logos & posters using designing software.
- 3. Ultimately, knowing the basic elements of designing magazines, books, & brochures with various designing software. Specifically, students will design their Final Portfolio implementing the editing & designing software techniques. Finally, every student will prepare their individual digital & printed portfolio.
- 1. Adobe Illustrator
- 2. Adobe Indesign
- 3. Website SEO & SEM
Kind Note: Further, students themselves need to compulsorily purchase and install the licensed software.
Subject Code: PDAP 104
The emphasis here is to have an understanding of the lighting techniques. Not only with studio equipment but also with both the natural lights and artificial studio lights. Further, photography is taken to the next level by studying the qualities of light, and modifying the light in terms of highlights and shadows, form, texture and color, etc…
Learn what is Lighting in Photography and Cinematography?
- 1. At first, students get introduced to the lighting techniques, and learning how to modify strobes, explore the use of speedlights in photography, control over light to create balanced images with depth & form.
- 2. In the next part, they study the qualities of light, and modify the light in terms of highlights & shadows, form, texture & color etc…
- 3. At last but not the least, hands-on practice is given more priority. Indeed this is the stage where students start experimenting and creating different lighting patterns in photography. For instance, Short Lighting, Broad Lighting, Split Lighting, Butterfly lighting, Loop lighting, Rembrandt lighting, etc…
- 1. Natural light Photography
- 2. Artificial light Photography
- 3. Flash Photography
- 4. Strobe/Studio light Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 105
Students here are led to one of the upcoming trends of moving images in the professional field. Especially, this session is more interesting and at the same time interactive. Indeed, its a real combination of hands-on practical sessions carried out both individually as well as in the teams. In particular, Videography is one of the subjects in KGTE in Photography course too. Thus, Videography or in other words, Cinematography session enables the student to analyze and utilize all their skills and knowledge. As a result, they gain confidence throughout the making of various videos.
What Do You Learn in Cinematography Course Session?
- 1. Understanding of the videography techniques, settings, camera angles, camera movements, setting-up shooting locations, shots, scenes, and sequences and understand the lighting as per it.
- 2. Further, they learn to prepare stronger script writing, storyboards, and screen plays for short films, documentaries, advertisements etc…
- 3. Finally, exploring the structure of DSLR & Mirrorless Videography & Cinematography, audio & video editing.
- 1. Documentary or Short Film
- 2. Wedding or Event Projects
- 3. Product or Commercial Ads
- 4. Automobile or Interior/Exterior
Digital Image Editing Process
Subject Code: PDAP 106
Post processing is applied on the images for presenting the Photographs as per the message it has to convey. Especially, image editing here includes re-touch, edit & design images. As a result, students improve in terms of exposure & color correction, alignment & composition, changing background for different types of photographs, and many more.
In short, each class session here has incorporated with different modes of learning. For instance, the various levels of practicing the techniques in software tools. Finally, it reflects upon their best results.
What Do You Learn in Photo Editing Course Session?
- 1. To begin with, students start learning the step by step retouching process. Afterwards, then its time to start retouching the photographs as per the needs & requirements of the image.
- 2. Secondly, they acquire deep understanding on the detailed editing process with fine cut, and manipulation tricks applied on the images.
- 3. On to the final stage, they learn to enhance the images with appropriate digital colour corrections, with the software according to the demand of the images.
- 1. Adobe Illustrator
- 2. Adobe Lightroom
- 3. Photomatrix Pro
- 4. Adobe InDesign
- 5. Adobe Photoshop
- 6. Nik Collections
Kind Note: Further, students themselves need to compulsorily purchase and install the licensed software.
Video Editing and Post-Production
Subject Code: PDAP 106
The output of videography comes with proper video editing. After all its very important to know the principles of video editing, the steps of editing, etc… In addition to this, the application of transitions & the emotions applied through video editing are some of the key highlights of this session. Further, the students here get hands-on practice on video editing techniques.
What Do You Learn in Video Editing Course Session?
- 1. Initially, students are introduced to audio or sound recording and sound editing software for various kinds of videos.
- 2. Further, they learn the principles of video editing with step by step process of logging, assemble, rough cut, fine cut, and final cut.
- 3. To conclude with, various video editing and sound editing software, they understand the continuous video editing process in post-production.
- 1. Adobe Prelude
- 2. Adobe Audition
- 3. Adobe Premiere Pro
Kind Note: Further, students themselves need to compulsorily purchase and install the licensed software.
Nature, Travel and Wildlife Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 107
This module is to give a deep understanding on the art of capturing nature photography and its wonderful creatures through wildlife photography. It’s an important session in the KGTE in Photography course curriculum too. Accordingly, students understand from animal behavior to ecology & conservation, and practical knowledge to explore insects photography, birds & animals photography. Particularly, this session of travel and wildlife photography course in Kerala enables the students to explore different places in Kerala. In addition, students are also taken for National and International nature and wildlife photography tours.
What Do You Learn in Travel & Wildlife Photography Session?
- 1. First stage, is all about the practical application of different perspectives of composing & capturing the varied elements of nature, For instance the in the concept of nature photography, landscape photography and ravel photography.
- 2. Next level is to learn how to use different accessories to capture the tiny insects & capture it with appropriate composition. Not only the macro, but also the birds, reptiles, amphibians, etc…
- 3. Lastly, its part of understanding & capturing the actions & emotions of birds and animals.
- 1. Wildlife Animals Photography
- 2. Wildlife Birds Photography
- 3. Macro & Insects Photography
- 4. Nature & Landscape Photography
Fashion Photography Specialization
Subject Code: PDAP 108
Advertisement and commercial photography sessions includes the understanding of trends in fashion, & its requirements. Moreover, this Fashion and wedding photography course session, is all about capturing the moods & expressions. In addition, students here learn the aspects of capturing the real moments in wedding photography too. Furthermore, they acquire the practical fashion shoots, conceptual shoots, outdoor & studio photography with apt lighting settings.
What Do You Learn in Fashion Photography Session?
- 1. On the whole, here one learn the aspects of lighting setups for indoor as well as outdoor fashion photography conceptual shoots.
- 2. Second part is to know about styling & posing, the two important elements of fashion & wedding photography for best expressions and moods.
- 3. Ultimately, now its the part to learn the art of capturing emotions & expressions, the candids, moments & story-telling frames in various events.
- 1. Fashion Photography
- 2. UV & Face Painting Photography
- 3. Human Interest Photography
- 4. Modern Era & Kids Photography
- 5. Wedding Photography
Subject Code: PDAP 109
In this special part of the course, different types of products are learned to be photographed in different lighting setups. Firstly, in-depth understanding is provided about the composition, & lighting techniques, the technical aspects of photography, and an overview of studio equipment. Secondly, the students are engaged with the innovative practical shooting in a studio environment, natural as well as artificial lighting setups. Thirdly, the students get prepared with technical proficiency & a creative approach, making it as one of the best photography courses in India.
What Do You Learn in Product and Food Photography?
- 1. The study on the techniques where products with different surfaces such as reflective material, absorptive and transparent materials are photographed are carried out.
- 2. Further, the cosmetics, textiles, crockery, jewelry, electronic materials, accessories for men, women, and kids, etc… are learned to be photographed both in indoor and outdoor lighting.
- 3. Specifically, this session covers the photography of attractive and variety of food items and dishes both in cooked and uncooked presentations.
- 1.Product Photography
- 2. Food & Beverage Photography
- 3. Still Life & Jewelry Photography
- 4. Table-top Photography
National and International Photography Tours
The diploma photography course as well as a diploma in cinematography course demands more practical knowledge. Indeed, outdoor photography sessions are a must in this course. With this intention, college organize mentor guided tours in India and abroad. Hence, students are taken to various locations to explore photography as well as cinematography.
Now that, all the photography tours both National and International tours cost during the course need to be borne by the students. However, it is to be noted that the course fee does not include the tour costs and expenses.
Wondering what is the role of English in a professional photography course? Undoubtedly, communication is an important part of any professional career. For this reason, students are here intended to develop both communicative as well as soft skills. As a result, they develop themselves as more productive at the workplace. Moreover, here learning is knowledge construction where students interact with the study materials, with the teachers & with the student’s groups to generate knowledge.
What Do You Learn in English Communication session?
- 1. To begin with, here students enhance presentation skills by improving the proficiency in English & increasing personal potential.
- 2. Gradually, they are encouraged to cultivate a positive attitude, by developing self-confidence, assertive qualities & developing skills in self-management.
- 3. To conclude with, students are involved with teamwork, that help them to set life goals & develop entrepreneurial skills among them.
- 1. Basic Communication
- 2. Character & Behavior Building
- 3. Developing Speaking Skills
- 4. Developing Working Skills
Basically, learning is knowledge construction. Therefore, here the learners interact with the study materials, with the teachers, the classmates and with their surroundings to generate knowledge.
Without doubt, portfolio plays an important role in shaping ones career. In the hope of preparing the most innovative and creative portfolios, the most important part is the guidance and feedback provided by the mentors. On the positive side, faculties will be always there to assign and guide students for the project with necessary guidelines on shooting and editing etc…
Since, its a residential course and the mentors stay in the same campus, they are always available at the Academy to provide corrections and suggestions. As a result, Creative Hut students come up with the most innovative and creative portfolios.
Experiment & Explore
Every student has to put forth their ability in the form of a portfolio. Altogether, It is the collection of their photos in every genre of photography and videography. Creative hut photography college provides an exclusive digital platform for its students to express and explore their creativity. Indeed, its a platform where all of their photography works and student’s portfolios are published. Furthermore, view www.creativehuts.com
Every student has to present their individual two photography portfolios. Particularly, a portfolio will comprise of various genre of photography in the form of eight different chapters. Whereas every chapter comprises of five images i.e. 40 photographs in all. For the final analysis, their final portfolios must be postulate in a printed format as well as digital format to the institute. Have a look at our students’ portfolios
Every student has to also submit their videography portfolio as per the institute’s prescribed format. The portfolio may contain any one among the documentary, short film, advertisement film, interviews, etc… of one to three minutes time duration. Ultimately, as part of the diploma in cinematography, the final portfolio will be analyzed by the panel of examiners/ juries, according to which the marks will be released.
Subject Code: PDAP 110
Students should undergo an industrial internship for a period of at least four weeks in one stretch. Basically, in any genre of photography, videography or editing. With this in mind, students are provided with proper guidance to fit with the best possible internship & suitable professional career opportunity. What’s more? Students are encouraged by understanding their individual strong efficiency & skills in work.
To summarize, it is the period of work experience that is relevant for ones professional development. Although this professional diploma in photography and cinematography course is conducted in Kerala, students may undergo internship anywhere.
What Do You Learn in Industrial Internship?
- 1. Firstly, designing self, innovative as well as creative resume & getting prepared for future career opportunities.
- 2. On the second part, achieving the career guidance from experienced mentors & the expertise of individuals of the industry.
- 3. Finally, allows students to undergo a minimum of one-month internship more confidently & thus making oneself ready for the future career.
- 1. Private Sector
- 2. Public Sector
- 3. Commercial Sector
- 4. Media Organisations
Possible Internships / Placements or Job Roles as
- 1. Professional photographer in the e-commercial company
- 2. Director of Photography in the Film Production Company
- 3. Photographer for Newspaper
- 4. Videographer for Television / Channel
- 5. Wedding, Function and Event Photographer
- 6. Wedding, Function and Event Cinematographer
- 7. Freelance Photographer & Freelance Videographer
- 8. Photo & Video Editor, Album Designer
- 9. Entrepreneur or business or studio
- 10. Photojournalist
- 11. Photo mentor or Faculty
Career in Photography has wide scope and opportunities. Above all, the regular assignments, live projects, and innovative portfolios will widely open the opportunities.
Career can be formed as a Fashion Photographer, Food Photographer, Product Photographer, Wedding Photographer, Function and Event Photographer. On the other hand, career can be build up as a Photojournalist, Interior & Architecture Photographer, Documentary Photographer, Sports Photographer, Fine art Photographer, and New Born Baby Photographer. Thirdly, as Macro and insects Photographer, Birds Photographer, and Wildlife Photographer.
Not only, a career as a photographer, but also, career can be made as a Videographer, Video Editor, Photo Editor, Album Designer and Magazine Designer. However, it is an important responsibility of each student to find a suitable job.
The Institute does not take any responsibility for Placement. We do not offer any jobs. Indeed, we provide career guidance only. For further placement-related details, go to the link provided here. Read More
Professional Diploma in Photography Total Duration
10 months instructional classes + 1 month internship
Ten Months diploma photography course study part
Candidates will be pursuing this course with the study structure implemented by the institute, from time to time. Particularly, there are instructional classes including the theory classes, practical classes, fieldwork, and Portfolio. of altogether 10 months duration ie. 216 to 240 days.
Note : This total duration includes the sessions to cover the syllabus of PDAP, KGTE & MESC.
One Month Industrial Internship
Every candidate needs to undergo an internship of a minimum one-month duration. Especially, in the field of Photography, or Videography, or Editing, anywhere outside the campus.
Professional Photography Course Fees
Rs. 393500 + Rs.10000 (Refundable Caution Deposit)
Course fees includes Tuition Fees, Practical Batch Tours, Practical Batch Model Shoots, Uniforms, Hostel and Food in the campus, and GST tax payable.
- 1. Registration Fees: Rs.6555
- 2. Course Fees: Rs.260123 + 18% GST
- 3. Hostel & Food : Rs.70000
- 4. Portfolio Books : Rs.10000
Photography Tour Costs
We organize National and International tours during the courses. However, it is to be noted that the cost of these tours need to be borne by the students themselves. Tour costs for all national as well as international tours are additional and are not included in the course fees. Henceforth, the tour costs and expense will be informed to the students. Interested students need to pay it in the first month of the course. Another key point, is that all tours are not compulsory.
Easy Payment Schedule
Fees can be paid in installments
- a. At the time of Admission: Rs.6555/-
- b. 1st Installment: Rs.123132+GST =Rs.145295
- c. 2nd Installment: Rs.90000
- d. 3rd Installment: Rs.86491+ GST =Rs.102060
- e. 4th Installment: Rs.50500+ GST =Rs.59590
All the taxes and charges imposed by the Government from time to time are applicable to the fees and are to be compulsorily paid by each student. At present, the GST is 18% and further any change in it will be applicable on the fee. National & International Photography tour costs will be additional and need to be borne by the students.
This course offered by Creative Hut is a residential course only.
Ultimately, after knowing about the institute, course curriculum, study structure, reviews, results, portfolios, and facilities; joining is the final stage. Although, it might not be the end of the search for any individual who was surfing for the best photography courses near me. But, definitely, one would be now ready with some valuable information to move further.
How to Join for Professional Photography Course?
Applying for photography course is easier than you think. Just complete three simple steps and launch your future in the art of photography.
Step 1: Know your Course and Gurukul
The first step in joining our family is to either meet or have a telephonic conversation or Whatsapp chat with our Admission Counselor or faculty. In brief, you will be introduced to our Gurukul culture, eco-friendly campus and study structure. In fact, they will listen carefully to your queries. At the same time, they will help you determine if this particular course and CREATIVE HUT is the right fit for you.
Kindly, note that this Photography course is not affiliated to any university, or Govt. boards.
Step 2: Apply your Name
Application form is available in Apply Now link. Firstly, candidates need to submit the filled application form. Further, the below documents need to be uploaded with the Application form.
- 1. Copy of candidate’s 10th Certificate & Marksheet
- 2. Copy of candidate’s anyone valid id-address proof (Aadhar card/Voters Id/Driving license etc..)
- 3. One recent passport size photo of the Applicant
Step 3: Payment of Registration Fees
Once your documents are received and verified by the institute, you will then need to pay the non-refundable registration fees rs.6555/-. It can be paid either directly to the institute office or through NEFT/ net banking/ google pay, etc… Institute Bank details will be provided to the candidate on request.
Finally, when you are with the above three steps, your seat is registered for the upcoming batch. You now become the part of Creative Hut and will receive a Confirmation Letter. Now, be ready with your tools and gearbox to shift to your new home.
Well-Equipped Studio Floor
Creative Hut provides students, access to its well-equipped 2000 sq.ft. studio floor along with the accessories like strobes, speed lights, light modifiers and diffusers such a dome, snoot, reflectors, softboxes, octa, etc…
Every artist needs a toolkit. Meet yours for the Professional photography course. Obviously, PDAP program is involved with art and technical study. Hence, every candidate need to have any one DSLR / Mirrorless Camera and laptop for undergoing regular practical study.
Gears for Reference
In the hope that some of the references below will help you to know about the gears, we hereby suggest some cameras and lenses for your purchases. But, note that all of these are not compulsory.
- 1. Macro as well as Insects Photography: Either Macro Lens or Extension Tube
- 2. Architecture / Interior / Landscape Photography: Zoom Lens with either Wide Angle lens or Fish Eye Lens
- 3. Both Fashion and Wedding Photography: Zoom Lens with either Wide Angle lens or Fish Eye Lens
- 4. Street, Documentary as well as Portrait Photography: Prime Lens with Zoom Lens
- 5. Wildlife Photography: Zoom Lens with Tele Lens and Tele Convertor
Further, if the candidates have any queries regarding the purchase of any of their photography accessories; then kindly reach out to us. Indeed it would be a pleasure to help you out for making you understand what would be best for you.
Equipment for Residential
Good and simple living are the key factors in residential life. Hence, staying is provided in the campus with all basic as well as standard facilities. Furthermore, personal materials, such as cosmetics and toiletries, mattress, pillow, bed-sheets, etc… need to be brought by the students themselves.
What is the eligibility to join Diploma in Photography courses at Creative Hut?
Candidates with either 12th or +2 or any diploma or any graduation or any post-graduation are eligible for the course. In fact, the candidates with minimum qualification of 10th from any state or central Board may also apply for the course. However, on the basis of their experience in the field and or the interview with them, their application for the same may be considered.
For the registration or admission, kindly click on Apply Now below. On the other hand, you may also visit the institute and complete the admission procedure. Equally, the next way is to follow the admission procedure online on the Apply Now page.
Residential Life at Creative Hut
First thing to remember is that, Creative Hut is the only institute in India to provide residential photography course.
Especially, Creative Hut Institute of Photography is know as Gurukul. Hence institute takes care of all its students staying together in one campus. Both food and accommodation to all Creative Hut students, staff and faculties are provided in the campus premises. To summarize, one of the greatest advantages of learning in the Gurukul educational system is the residential facility in the campus.
Hostel Facilities in the Photography College
Well furnished hostel facility is provided here not only for the students but also for the faculties. Shared rooms, bathrooms, wash areas, washing machine, etc… are available in the campus.
Food Facilities in the Photography College
Another key point is the common cafeteria provided in the campus. Basically, its a place where students come together to enjoy the food that tastes as one’s homemade. Above all, the self cooking facility is one of the main attraction at Creative Hut Photography college campus. Specifically its a place where students can prepare their favorite dishes. Indeed its a center point for celebrations too.
1. When does the admission for diploma in photography starts?
Admission for Professional Diploma in Art of Photography is open for the 2022-2023 batch. Indeed, the interested candidates can apply for the next 2022 batch. Further, click on Apply Now for Admission procedure.
2. What is the last date of admission for diploma in photography course?
Although there is no last date for admission or the deadline to apply for the photography courses at Creative Hut, our admission procedure is based on first come first serve basis. Hence, the interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply and follow the admission procedure at the earliest. Further, once the seats are full, the registration will be closed and the same will be notified in our website too.
3. When will the class start for diploma in photography course?
Professional Photography Diploma course 2022 starts on 21st September 2022. Furthermore, the admission for the 2022 has started.
4. Is there any application or registration fee to apply for the photography courses at Creative Hut?
Candidates needs to pay the registration fee Rs.6555/ along with the submission of the application form and documents to join the photography courses at Creative Hut.
5. Can I do Photography course after 12th?
Yes, definitely, candidates who have completed their 12th grade can do the diploma in photography course at Creative hut.
6. How can I take admission in photography?
Interestingly, you can take admission in photography here in a very simple steps. In fact, the admission procedure at Creative Hut photography college can be completed in three easy steps, as follows,
a. Firstly, understand the course details by either visiting Creative hut campus or through telephonic conversation with the admission in-charge or faculty in-charge of our institute. Especially, understanding the Gurukul way of learning at Creative Hut is very important. Not only this, but also know about the facilities, and portfolio that will be achieved during the course.
b. Secondly, submit the application form along with the documents copies as mentioned in Apply Now form.
c. Last but not the least, pay the registration fee rs.6555/ either through net banking or neft or Gpay, etc…
After the successful submission of all the above, the confirmation will be send to the respective candidate’s email id. At the same time, if for any reasons the application is rejected, then the same will be notified to the candidates either through email or message or direct call. In case, the admission procedure is incomplete, or the application form submitted is incomplete, then rejection of application may occur. In such cases, candidates can reapply and complete the admission procedure.
7. Will there be any certificate provided in this photography course?
Definitely, the certificate will be provided to the students on the successful completion and passing criteria of the examination. At the end of the course or on the completion of the course, final assessment for theory & practical as well as portfolio jury and viva will be conducted. Based on which, the certificates will be issued.
8. Is the certificate for Professional Diploma in Art of Photography provided by the University?
Kindly, note that certificate for Professional Diploma in Art of Photography course is not provided by or approved under any University or Central Board or State Board. Rather, the PDAP certificate is issued by Creative Hut.
At the same time, would like to bring into your notice that, KGTE and MESC courses are also offered at Creative Hut along with PDAP course. Thus, KGTE certificate – Kerala Govt. Technical Examination in Photography is issued by the Kerala Govt. Technical Education. While, the MESC certificate is issued by Media and Entertainment Skill Council on the basis of the assessment and viva conducted under respective departments.
9. Does Creative Hut Provide Hostel facilities?
Creative Hut is a Gurukul. In other words, we provide residential photography course only. Hence, institute provides hostel facilities to all its students and mentors in the campus.
10. Does Creative Hut provide food facility?
Yes, as mentioned above, Creative Hut follows a Gurukul way of learning. Hence, institute provides food facilities to all its students, staff and faculties on all days.
11. Due to Covid-19, are the classes for Photography courses going to be conducted online?
Certainly, a NO to online classes. First of all, whether its photography, or videography or editing, learning here needs hands-on practices. Unlike any other course programs, Photography course can not completely rely on online sessions. Secondly, Creative Hut is a Gurukul, where the students from different states, staff and faculties stay in the campus. Thereupon, learning here in a residential program is more comfortable in any situations. Classes will be therefore conducted with a premier importance of providing quality education with both artistic and practical output. Hence, instructional sessions will be in a regular mode.
12. How are the classes conducted for diploma in photography courses?
Altogether, classes here are structured with theory classes, practical assignments, team works, outdoors, tours, studio practices, reviews, corrections and portfolio development.
Obviously, the most important part is the mental and physical health of each and every individual in campus. Since, we provide a residential course where students and faculties stay in the campus, it is more like a family and a second home for everyone here. Thereupon, by taking care of oneself and each other, maintaining all the required precautions, and instructions; Creative Hut’s 15th batch 2021-2022 is going-on.
13. What is the exact duration of the photography course at Creative Hut?
Professional Diploma in Art of Photography is known as a one year course program. While, it is to be noted that the course includes the instructional study sessions, portfolio development and internship period. Hence, students will undergo the instructional study session for 10 months, including the portfolio making. Thereafter, each student needs to undergo a minimum of one month Internship. Altogether, its a 10 + 1 = 11 month course program.
14. How is it possible to learn Photography, Cinematography, Photo & Video Editing in this one year course?
A big YES to this. Unlike any other photography courses in Kerala, India, the PDAP course is an unique and career building course. Of course, the entire course duration will cover the artistic and practical learning to photography, cinematography, photo and video editing. Indeed, students will be ready with their short films or documentary films by the end of the course.
Now, to summarize, let’s see here how is it possible at Creative Hut.
a. Firstly, its a residential course. Hence, students stay in the campus and utilize their maximum time for the practical learning part.
b. Secondly, the faculties too stay in the same campus. As a result, student get 24×7 full-time guidance from their mentors. Indeed, it is the additional benefit for the students to clear their doubts and prepare their portfolios in much perfect manner.
c. Thirdly, the necessary equipment, studio and accessories are provided in the campus. Moreover, it is made available to students during their entire course duration. Therefore, the get easy access to practical studies.
d. Certainly, Creative Hut is located in a nature surrounded area in Kerala. One of the best place with greenery, institute has an eco-friendly campus comprising of approx. 1,74,000 sq.ft. Students not only enjoys this breathing space but also carry out practical sessions in the campus.
e. Finally, Creative Hut make sure to offer an organized and structured syllabus and add-ons even during when the course is in progress.
15. Will there be any exams for the photography course?
Yes, exams and assessment are the part of this photography course. In fact regular assessment and feedback sessions are made often for to analyze the improvement of each student as the course is in progress. Furthermore, the final exams namely theory exams, practical exams and Portfolio jury are conducted at the end of the course.
16. What are the activities at Creative Hut Institute of Photography? Does institute organize any programs and celebrations?
One of the most attractive part in a college life is the activities and celebrations. Especially, when its a residential college, festivals and celebrations are a major part. Creative Hut is a family where students and faculties are from different states of India. Hence, institute organize various festivals and celebrations in the campus. Such as Diwali, Ganesh Chattuthi, Christmas, New Year, Onam, and many more.
PHOTOGRAPHY STUDENT’S REVIEWS
Aman John Thomas Photographer Pathanamthitta, Kerala
“I’m a 12th batch student in Creative Hut. Here I do not feel like only a college here I feel like it’s a big family. Creative Hut Institute of Photography only I recommend to everyone because here you can turn your passion into a profession and you can succeed in your career also.”
Gessal Sebastian Cinematographer South Indian Film Industry
“My first step towards my dream started here… to the larger industry.”
Benson K Thomas Cinematographer Pathanamthitta, Kerala
“The best Place to learn Photography. Awesome faculty and best hospitality that you can’t ever imagine.”